Head Coach at HCC
Harpenden CC seek a Head Coach (minimum Level 3) whose primary responsibilities would be to
- Agree a 3-5 year strategy with the Director of Cricket and the Exec Committee
- Take overall responsibility for Men’s and Women’s Coaching, including running Senior nets.
- Work closely with the Head of Junior Coaching especially in terms of identifying talent for the pathway programme.
- Create and Implement a high potential pathway programme for boys, girls and other young talent to identify and nurture those capable of becoming 1st/2nd team players.
- Aim to increase the number of junior players who get representative honours.
- Create a plan for the u/16 age group, - boys and girls, as they cease to have junior fixtures to ensure attrition of key talent is minimised.
- Be a spokesperson for the club on our approach to coaching and champion HCC values on and off the pitch.
- Where appropriate be pivotal in the recruitment and integration of new key talent.
The Head Coach would report to the Director of Cricket with a dotted line to the Chairman.
The Junior Coach would work closely with the Head Coach but would be responsible for all junior boys at the club and be pivotal in recommending junior players for the high potential pathway.
Remuneration would be based on qualifications and agreed coaching programme but is likely to be in the region of £12-15k.
- Women’s nets – 2 hours
- Men’s senior nets – 3 hours
- Extra Night Pathway Programme – 3 hours
- Attendance for Saturday games
Autumn and Winter (when nets take place) as agreed
Short written application covering your experience, approach to coaching and why you feel you would be a good fit for Harpenden CC + highlights of your playing and coaching career.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a small panel from Harpenden CC. The successful candidate will need to provide 2 written references.
A trial period will be agreed with the selected candidate. Should the candidate successfully complete the trial a 3-year term may be agreed.
Harpenden Cricket Club is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all roles are subject to a safe recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks through an ECB enhanced DBS Certificate and the completion of a relevant Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) or Safeguarding for Specialist Roles – Coaches & Activators (SCAT).
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 23 August 2023