I hope everyone is well and have been enjoying their cricket with Harpenden CC this year.
It’s hugely rewarding to see the fantastic participation levels across the girls and boys sections and the incredible take-up of our All Stars and Dynamo’s sessions into one of the largest programmes in the UK.
We are also working hard behind the scenes to make 2024 an even more successful one for our Junior section and I’ll be writing to you all over the next few months to share some of the exciting updates we are implementing at the Club for our junior members.
With this is mind, there are 2 specific topics for 2024 which I would like to bring to your attention now ;
- The 2024 U9 Boys AGM and Match-day Manager group
- For those parents / guardians with boys planning to join our U9 boy’s group in 2024 (Y4 from Sep 2023), we require an Age-group Manager plus 2 x Matchday Manager volunteers to enable the U9 age-group to participate in competitive fixtures next year.
- This is a vital role for the age-group and is a hugely rewarding role representing one of the most successful junior clubs in Hertfordshire (35 league titles and counting….)
- Alongside comprehensive support and guidance from the existing AGM group, we also offer ;
a) A subscription concession
b) Club funded ECB coaching
If you would like to take on the AGM, Matchday Manager, or would like to put yourself forward as an age-group administrator, then please reply to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following only applies to boys entering Y5, Y6 and Y7 from Sep 2023.
- Autumn / Winter Charley and Area & District Training Programmes (both require private funding)
- The registration window for both of these programes are open / opening shortly and we would encourage parents who are looking for additional development training over the Autumn / Winter to speak with your AGM regarding applications for these programmes.
- In addition to the Club’s Autumn / Winter training provision, we recommend the Charley programme in the first instance, as this is the only access point for the Herts County Age-group & Development squad’s (from U13). As a guide, boys who have been playing (where streamed) in our most developed age-group sides and will be Y5, Y6 and Y7 for the 2024 season are recommended to apply.
- The Herts Area & District program is a privately run cohort of boys across Hertfordshire with Autumn / Winter training and match provision (Summer) which is subject to a trial.
- You can participate in both the Charley and Area & District programmes however, the A&D programme has no access to the Herts County Age-group squads from U13.
- Please liaise directly with your AGM, who will advise on applications to these programmes.
The club will shortly be in touch regarding our own Autumn and Winter training provision, and we would encourage all boys to nominate themselves for these important programmes, where available. Due to capacity at our facilities and for the safety of the boys, we can only offer limited capacity in the Autumn term however, all boys are invited to join the Winter term sessions.
Lastly, please keep Sun, 3rd Sept free for our Junior Awards Day presentation at Harpenden Cricket Club. It’s a fantastic day celebrating the success of our junior section in 2023 with plenty of fun activities and refreshments and I very much hope to see as many of you there as possible. There will be a separate e-mail to follow, with specific timings for the day.
Director of Cricket